Crawfest is an annual music, food, and arts festival that is entirely student planned and driven. Located at the heart of Tulane’s uptown campus, over 12,000 people from across the Tulane and New Orleans communities come to enjoy the bands, local vendors, and thousands of pounds of crawfish.
Crawfest relies on the dedication and commitment of passionate and enthusiastic student board members. As we enter the 12th year of the festival, the board members selected are going to be exceptionally professional, reliable, and thorough in their applications. Applicants who demonstrate significant desire to go beyond the call of duty and a capacity to think outside the box will be invited to interview.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order to accommodate for interview scheduling. Interviews will ideally be conducted in person, but can be done via Skype or FaceTime if need be. No final decisions regarding membership will be made until the deadline for applications has passed. This application will close at 11:59PM on Thursday, August 31st.
– Production Manager: Contract stage & sound companies; Organize stage managers & production crew
– Talent Manager: Book all bands on the festival lineup; Work with artist relations to coordinate band itineraries (travel, lodging, etc.)
– Artist Relations: Coordinate and set up all dressing rooms; Work with talent manager to coordinate band itineraries (travel, lodging, etc.)
– Logistics Manager: Handle behind the scenes festival logistics, including, but not limited to, fencing, port-o-lets, TUPD, security, parking services, quad reservations, clean up, facilities, tents, tables, etc.
– Volunteers Manager: Organize volunteers for the day of the event; Oversee all volunteer applications and training
– Food Manager: Organize food vendors (i.e. local restaurants and food trucks)
– Resource Manager: Organize all free food/drink for entire festival (the CRAWFISH, veggies, soda, water, etc.)
– Vendors Manager: Contact and organize local business and art vendors; Coordinate booth registration for student organizations
– Lagniappe Manager: Organize any “special moment” activities for the event (e.g. face painting, dunk tank, etc.); Coordinate with Merchandise Manager to organize day-of festival experience giveaways
– Social Media Manager: Work with Director to schedule posts, report metrics, manage accounts, maintain social media engagement
– Outreach Manager: Manage Crawfest Street Team, issue press releases, collaborate with press sponsorships, lead the initiative to involve more of the New Orleans community
– Technology Manager: Manage website, handle e-commerce initiatives, create GIFS
– Merchandise (CrawSwag) Manager: Organize shirt sales, choosing and ordering all merchandise items
– Design Manager: Coordinate all design work (logo, posters, etc).
– Sponsorship Manager: Work with a team to pursue both off- and on-campus sponsorship opportunities, including VIP/alumni relations
– Finance Manager: Responsibly manage all accounts for the festival, assist and inform other board members on Crawfest finances